48 Photos


  • Sale: 175.000 €


As the music and word complement each other, the municipalities of Benifairó de les Valls and Faura in the sub-region of the Vall de Segó share history and destination. Both municipalities are erected in flat terrain, surrounded by orange groves and mountains of low elevation from which you have splendid views of the Mediterranean Sea. Almardá Beach is just 8 kilometres away.
Dedicated to the city, the origin of both localities must be found in two Muslim farms. Benifairó belonged after the conquest to the family of the Vives de Cañamás. Faura, for his part, belonged until the sixteenth century to the Monsoriu family and later to Juan de Vilarrasa, passing into the hands of the Vives de Canyamás, lords of Benifairó, after the expulsion of the Moors in 1609. This family belonged until the suspension of the lordships in 1814. In 1884 the two localities merged under the name Of Villa de la Unión, separating again in 1906.
Benifairó and Faura concentrate an important artistic heritage.
Faura has the Casa Condal that holds the coat of arms of the Vilarrasa family (XV century), the Church of Saints Juanes (XVIII century), the remains of the Arab wall and the public laundry, an interesting example of Valencian popular architecture
For its part, in Benifairó stands the hermitage of the Good Event, built on a nearby mound and accessed by means of a staircase of 189 steps. In the historic center and a few meters from each other, the Casa Palacio de los Vives de Cañamás (XVII century) and the Church of San Gil (eighteenth century), an interesting columnary temple of living room floor, the intense blue sky of summer contrasts with the weight of the brown of its walls. A few steps in the street where the birthplace of the illustrious Renaissance painter Alonso Sánchez Coello is located and to which, in 1930 the City Council of Benifairó dedicates him renaming it with his name, there is also the Guarner house, an eighteenth century house in which the Valencian bibliophile and writer Lluís Guarner lived, which among many other verses Wrote:

In the sweet silence of the mountain,
while the hours roll, quiet,
my sad soul, of transited sorrows,
of the tired world,
in the wild auras of the countryside
seeks relief that closes its sores...
And he finds it in a quiet corner
dense pine forest...
We could continue to list one by one the constructions that have given life to Benifairó, but we will complete this exhibition with the Casa Perentori, on Calle Mayor which houses the ethnographic museum and which completes this exhibition of historical and cultural richness of this small unknown and illustrious town of the Murviedro region
In this beautiful environment, just between Calle Mayor and Sánchez Coello, is this historic manor house dating back to the late 1800s. With the main access to Calle Mayor and the service to Sánchez Coello street, it is an example of traditional Valencian architecture. The ground floor retains all the typical elements of the country houses of the nineteenth century, such as the wide entrance with the passage from the carriage to the old kitchen. Currently on this floor there are two bedrooms a large living room with fireplace, the kitchen, two bathrooms and a toilet, in addition to the service and storage rooms, which includes a haystack and a stable orgnized on both sides of the backyard. Although this plant has been renovated by the past generations, the main floor keeps intact its decoration and distribution, three large rooms organized around a lobby that occupies the central part, typical of the local bourgeoisie of the late nineteenth century, where the profusion of tile and other decorative elements stands out. The floors as well as the high ceilings with dark wooden beams are original. The third and last floor corresponds to the Andana, used in the past times for the rearing of the silkworm. This cambra with wooden structures and reeds, was the ideal space for this activity, since being at the top of the house, isolated the silkworms from the humidity and cold of the earth Even today it is recognizable externally by the windows at the top of the facade, which are small in size and are located almost flush with the eaves of the roof, as they served to ventilate the chamber and eliminate in turn the warm air bags that accumulated during the summer.
Although today we identify the landscape of the Valencian orchard with orange, it has not always been so. From the fifteenth to the mid-19th century, the mulberry tree was the characteristic tree of the Valencian countryside, as the seized industry settled on the existence of important expanses of fields intended for cultivation, whose leaves served as food to the silkworm.
The house, although it needs a reform, is ideal for a family who loves the customs and traditions of the region or to be transformed into an elegant Boutique Hotel or a charming Bed and Breakfast that welcomes travelers eager for culture, history and the quiet contemplation of the beauty of the Valencian rural landscape, one of the richest on the peninsula.
It's a great opportunity, whether it's an investment or the house for life and future generations. We advise with all the professionalism, enthusiasm and love we feel for the properties we sell.

Surface - Rooms

  • Surface: 530 m²
  • Groos floor area: 530 m²
  • Terrace: 24 m²
  • Land: 229 m²
  • Rooms: 5
  • Bathrooms: 2
  • Toilet: 1

More info

  • Energy rating: In process

  • Orientation: Southwest
  • Balcony
  • Parking
  • Heating
  • Hearth




Request information

Request sent successfully